Edmunds, an online resource for automotive information, was founded in 1966 and is headquartered in Santa Monica, California. Initially publishing guidebooks regarding the value of vehicles in print, it transitioned to publishing the same online in 1995, through their website www.edmunds.com. The Edmunds automotive information is gathered on a daily basis from car dealerships, automakers, and various other sources and participants in the automotive industry. All this information is then used to calculate the car values published on the official website of Edmunds. It also provides the consumers with vehicle valuation tools, which they can use to calculate their own vehicle’s value, such as “What’s My Car Worth”. So, if you’re looking for a new car, or trying to sell your old one, Edmunds automotive solutions may be perfect for you.
How to Use the Edmunds Automotive Website
To use the Edmunds website, follow the steps given below:
- Open your browser and visit www.edmunds.com.
- To look for a new car, go to the three tabs listed under “Let’s find your perfect car”.
- Click on “Select Make” and select the make of the car you want, for example, “Honda”.
- Then, click on “Select Model” to select the model of the car, for example, “Accord Sedan”.
- Next, click on “Select Year” and select the year that the car was made in. Under this tab, there will be two options: “New” or “Used”. The “New” options include the years 2015-2017, while “Used” includes the years 1990-2016.
- Finally, click on “Go” to start browsing the cars of your choice.
You can also browse the cars without specifying each of the three options. Simply click on any one the tabs on the top of the page to browse through cars depending on their “Make”, “Model”, “Year”, or “Car Type”. You can also peruse “New Cars” or “Used Cars”, check your own car’s value through “What’s My Car Worth” or do research on a car that you might want to buy, for example its reviews, by clicking on “Car Research”.