Emmi – Expectation Management and Medical Information – produced by Emmi Solutions, is an online software that helps patients learn about medical procedures through helpful and informative videos and interactive tools.
To do this, they have created an online portal, My-Emmi Programs that allows users, i.e. patients, to login to their account, view detailed yet easy-to-understand information about their procedure, and even gives them the opportunities to ask their health providers any questions about the procedure, all at http://www.my-emmi.com/.
The software gives patients information on what will happen during a procedure, what they should do to prepare for one, and also what they can expect will happen after their procedure has been completed. The questions that they ask during the software is running will be sent to their healthcare provider, however, they will not be answered then; they must be answered in the next appointment with their healthcare provider. The software allows you to view the procedure multiple times and even lets you print out a summary of the procedure for future reference.
Requirements to Make An Account:
- Smooth access to the Internet.
- You must have an access code provided to you by your doctor. If you do not have one yet, request one from your doctor.
- You must have the Adobe Flash plugin downloaded.
- A device that can be used to access the Internet.
How to Login to My-Emmi:
- Open your web browser and go to http://www.my-emmi.com/
- Enter in your 11 digit access code and your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Make sure your device’s sound is turned on so you can hear the program clearly.
- Click ‘Login’ to complete the process.
If you have any queries, you can contact Emmi Solutions on their toll-free number, (866) 294-3664. You can also contact them via e-mail at [email protected].