Learning in school can be tough; with so many students, teachers’ attention is often divided to the point that some students start to lag behind their fellows. Often, such students have no option but to hire tutors to help them reach their full potential. However, such tutors are not only expensive, but can also be unreliable. So, to help struggling students with their academics, or to simply be an additional resource for students in general, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt has set up an online learning tool, My Skills Tutor. Students can access My Skill Tutor at www.myskillstutor.com and practice their skills in a wide range of subjects.
How to Sign Up on My Skills Tutor
To sign up for My Skills Tutor, follow the steps given below:
- Open your browser and type the following link in your address bar:www.hmhco.com/account/CreateAccount?inCheckout=false&ReturnUrl=%2f. This will take you to the Sign Up page of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Next, pick the Account Type. The options include:
- Personal Account – intended for individuals who want to purchase the catalog products and materials via credit card or Paypal.
- Institutional Account – for authorized individuals who are ordering on behalf of an educational institute via PO or a credit card.
- Assessment Professional Account –for authorized individuals who order either as a licensed or a non-licensed Assessment Professional via credit card or Paypal.
- If you are signing up for a Personal Account, then enter your details, which include: First Name, Last Name, Email, and a Password. Your name will be your Username when signing in.
- Select your persona from the drop-down menu. These include Parent, Teacher, Homeschool and Other.
- Select whether you wish to receive news and special offers from HMH.
- Click on “Sign Up”.
- Confirm your email to complete the sign-up process.
If you have been given your login details by your educational institute, then all you need to do is use those details instead of signing up. So, to log in and start using My Skill Tutor, follow the below steps:
Open www.myskillstutor.com in your browser.
Enter your Username, Password and the Site you have been provided by your institute.
Click on “Log In”.