Libraries are an essential part of a community – a library is like that part of your house where you retreat to after a long, hard day to unwind and reflect. However, a library that is stagnant soon loses itself in this changing world, which is why Mid-Continent Public Library works tirelessly to provide the communities it serves in with new ideas, information, innovation and inspiration. One such innovation is the MyMCPL account which allows users to view personalized recommendations for library materials and library events. So, visit Mid-Continent Public Library’s website www.mymcpl.org today and see true innovation at work.
How to Register at Mid-Continent Public Library
To create your very own MyMCPL account, follow the given steps:
- Open your browser and type the following URL in the address bar: www.mymcpl.org/user/register.
- Enter your Account Information, which includes:
- Username – you can use spaces, but punctuation other than periods, hyphens, and underscores cannot be used.
- Email address – a valid email address is required.
- Enter your Personal Information, which includes:
- Library Card
- First and Last Name
- Home Branch Location – the library branch that you visit most often or is nearest to where you live.
- Favorite Genres – the books that interest you the most.
- Event Types – the type of events that interest you the most.
- Event Age Groups – the events of the age groups that interest you the most.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Resolve the captcha.
- Click on “Create New Account”.
- To start using your MyMCPL account, log in at www.mymcpl.org/user.
You can also log in to your Online Catalog Account which allows you to access your library card account as well as searching and placing holds for Mid-Continent Public Library’s items. Follow the below procedure to log in to the Online Catalog Account:
- Visit www.mymcpl.org/catalog/my-account via your browser.
- Enter your Library Card Number which is located on your Library Card. If you do not have a Library Card, you can get one at any of Mid-Continent Public Library’s branches, or fill out an online registration form here www.mymcpl.org/catalog/get-card.
- Enter your PIN which is your birthdate (mmddyyyy).
- Click on “Log In”.