With the help of Arizona unemployment insurance benefits application and management website i.e. www.azui.com, you can have access to the numerous services available which include applying for UI benefits and federal emergency compensation, viewing your UI claim information online and filing for your weekly unemployment insurance or the benefits claim.
Why Choose Arizona Unemployment Insurance Benefits Application and Management (AZUI)?
Administered by Arizona Department of Economic Security this site i.e. www.azui.com is a one-stop destination providing a range of information and support for unemployment insurance benefits application and management. The online services offered are as follows:
- Apply for UI benefits.
- File your weekly claim.
- Register with the DES employment service.
- Appeal a UI decision
- Reset your PIN number.
- View your UI information
- Find information about UI benefits paid in 2015.
Apart from these services you can also:
- File a new application.
- File continued claims.
- Appeal if your unemployment benefits application is rejected.
- Find the weekly claims.
- Get all payment information.
Eligibility criteria for unemployment insurance benefits:
You must meet specific requirements for wages earned or time worked during an established period of time, be determined to be unemployed (under state law) and meet other eligibility requirements to qualify. The other eligibility requirements are:
- You must have worked for an employer who paid tax.
- You must have paid at least 390 times the Arizona minimum wage in your highest earning quarter and the total of the other three-quarters must equal at least one-half of the amount in your high quarter. For example, if you made $5000 in your highest quarter you need to have earned a total of $2500 within the remaining three-quarters combined Or at least $7000 in total wages in at least two-quarters of the base period, with wages in one-quarter equal to $5987.50 or more
- You must be mentally and physically fit to work at a job. If you are not fit, then you are not eligible for benefits.
- You must live in America, Canada, Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico so that you can get access to the employment office.
- You must be qualified for the job, and you must have a responsible attitude towards seeking work
- You must have activated your registration for DES employment service.
Other issues affecting the eligibility criteria for unemployment benefits:
- Illness or injury.
- School attendance.
- Failure to look for work.
- Being out of the area.
- Retirement pay.
- Failure to return UI claim documents within the given time.
You can also visit http://www.azui.com/ for applying, further guidance and help.