Register your Home Depot protection plans at www.homedepot.com/protectionplans, the site designed by Home Depot, to avail fast and smooth services as and when needed. With their extended protection plans, you get 100% coverage on functional parts and labor so you don’t have to go through the trouble of finding service technicians.
The Home Depot is an American home improvement and construction products retailer and service provider. The Home Depot was founded in 1978 and has expanded significantly since its inception, operating stores across the U.S., all 10 provinces of Canada, Mexico and China. The company is based in the Atlanta Store Support Center in Cobb County, Georgia, in Greater Atlanta.
Home Depot Protection Plans – A Detailed Guide
Home Depot Protection Plans are economical, time-saving plans designed by Home Depot which include Repair and Replacement Plans. For e.g. if you buy a product worth $300 or more, you will automatically purchase a Repair Plan under which you can have the product repaired by a technician in case it malfunctions or have it replaced if it cannot be fixed. If you have purchased the product for $300 or less, you have bought a Replacement Plan under which you can file a claim or ask for a replacement when the need arises. Major Appliances have 3 or 5 year Repair Plans, depending on the price. The Water Heater Plan is a Labor Plan which only covers labor for the duration of the plan. These plans can be easily accessed online at the Home Depot site. If you have any further inquiries regarding the Home Depot extended protection plans, you can contact their customer support team at 1-877-THD-EPPs.
A plan can be purchased either at a store or online. However, you can only purchase a plan online for major appliances whereas, at a store a plan can be purchased for all categories. Therefore, it is better to purchase a plan when you buy the product. The site helps you locate the nearest Home Depot store by accessing information such as the store address map, store manager, store hours, services etc.
You can schedule services or track claims either by calling or online as well as a fix an in-home appointment with one of their qualified service providers. If you purchased your product on or before 5/31/11, call Home Depot at 1-877-THD-EPPS. If you purchased it on or after 6/1/11, call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT.
How to Register Your Home Depot Protection Plans
Once you register your new plan, it becomes easy for you to products, file claims for repair or replacement. Make sure you have your receipt with you as you will require it to fill out some information during registration. You can also register by phone by calling 1-800-HOMEDEPOT. To register online, follow these steps:
- Go to homedepot.com/protectionplans and choose the time division accordingly based on when you purchased your product
- You will be directed to a registration page where you will be given the option of registering with a Google or Facebook account or to simply create a Home Depot account
- If you choose the Home Depot registration procedure, you will be prompted to provide your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, zip code etc. Click “Submit” to proceed.
- In this step, you will be asked to provide some more information and create a password. If you would like to receive special offers from Home Depot, check the box next to it. Read and accept the terms by checking the box next to it. Click “Continue” to proceed
- In this step, you will be asked to provide some information mentioned on your receipt. Fill out all the required information and click “Continue” when you’re done
- Follow the instruction for the identification of your Home Depot product and complete the registration process