About the Florida Department of Children and Families
The Florida Department of Children and Families is a part of the Florida state government. It is responsible for managing such programs and services which help the citizens to improve their standard of living. They have a mission to create healthy and self-sufficient families in Florida.
Advantages of MyFlorida Access
The MyFlorida Access allows its customers to connect with their online assistance, 24 hours a day and seven days a week through the online application and MyFlorida Access account.
The main benefits from this program are:
- Food Assistance
- Temporary Cash Assistance
- Medical Aid
Who can apply for this program?
A family is eligible for this program, who:
- Is a resident of Florida
- Has troubles in meeting ends for e.g.
- Feeding your family
- Not able to pay your rents
- You don’t have access or facing difficulties gaining your basic medical facilities.
You can apply this application online. It is very easy to apply online, and it usually takes half an hour to apply online. The online application is free of cost.
Requirements for MyFlorida Access
You will need the following to apply for this program online:
- A device with internet
- You must agree to take a drug test and be able to pass it.
- When filling in this form online, keep certain things handy for e.g. social security number, house expenses, job history, health insurance policy information, asset information and a proof of identity and residency status.
Step by step guide
- Visit the website of the Florida Department of Children and Families i.e. myflorida.com/accessflorida
- Click on the link “Apply for benefits” in the box which appears in the centre of the page.
- On the next page click on the “ Apply for Benefits.”
- Go through the application guidelines and advice. Then click “continue.”
- Choose and tick the circle which indicated that you want to apply for benefits and click the button continue.
- Answer all the questions as directed and click continue.
- Now you will be given an online access number.
- Choose a password for your account.
- Note down this password and number for later use. You can review or change your application. Now click “continue.”
- Enter your personal information in the required fields as directed until you have completed the online part of your application. And you are done.
If necessary, the Florida Department of Children and Families will schedule an appointment with you for an interview to complete your application process.
Once your application is approved, you will receive a letter that will explain all the benefits you can receive in this program.
The main aim of this program is to provide enough means for families and children so they can improve their lives and they can avail basic facilities. The Florida government wants to create healthy and self-sufficient families through this program.