Safety Recalls are carried out often by various distributors of vehicles, and Jeep is no exception to this. To aid in spreading the news, and to provide incentive for car owners to take part in the campaign, Jeep Auto Portal has created a portal – www.myjeepauto.com.
How to check if your car is part of a safety recall campaign using Jeep Auto Portal:
- Open your web browser and go to http://www.myjeepauto.com/.
- In the space provided, enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This can be found on your license, registration card, and even on the letter sent to you by Jeep.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- You can now find your nearest dealers and have several scheduling options. Schedule a visit and have your vehicle inspected at the nearest convenience.
If you received a mailing from Jeep, scroll below on the Jeep Auto Portal and look for the link appropriate for you, based on your car and notification type.
- Notification N45 (1993 – 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee) – http://jeep.myJeepAuto.com/N45
- Notification N46 (2002 – 2007 Jeep Liberty)
- Notification N47 (1999 – 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee) http://jeep.myJeepAuto.com/N47
You can schedule a trip for inspection in many ways:
- Call the Customer Care Hotline (1-866-814-1480)
- Call your Jeep dealer and have an authorized inspection.
- Visit http://www.myjeepauto.com/ and schedule an inspection.
Incentives for using the Jeep Auto Portal:
To make sure drivers adhere to safety recalls and don’t put themselves at risk, Jeep Auto Portal provides several incentives to car owners. The company inspects and repairs your vehicle completely free of charge, and will also give car owners a $100 visa prepaid card simply to bring the car for inspection. Please keep in mind that the car must be registered with the state to qualify.