The Walmart Foundation focuses on the improvement of the lives of people living in Walmart communities. Their main aim is to transform the lives of individuals by giving them different opportunities and support online http://www.walmartfoundation.org/. The Walmart Foundation offers various programs and the Grant program is one of them. Globally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation have given $1.4 billion in cash and in-kind contributions during fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2015.
The Walmart Foundation Grant Program
This program awards grants to organizations of all sizes all across the globe. Whether it’s a small grant to a local school or a large grant to a hunger relief organization working across several states, Walmart Foundation will always find a way to help you out. Find our more at http://www.walmartfoundation.org/.
This program is further divided up into six categories. All these categories have different requirements and eligibility criteria. They are described below:
- National Giving Program: Awards grants of $250,000 and above. Eligible nonprofit organizations must operate on a national scope through chapters/affiliates in many states around the country or through programs that operate regionally/locally but seek funding to replicate program activities nationally.
- State Giving Program: Awards grants of $25,000 to $200,000. Eligible nonprofit organizations must operate on a regional/state level or be affiliates/chapters of larger organizations that operate on the regional/state level.
- Community Grant Program: Awards grants of $250 to $2,500 through Walmart stores, Sam’s Clubs and Logistics facilities. Eligible nonprofit organizations must operate within the service area of the facility from which they are requesting funding.
- Northwest Arkansas Giving Program: Awards grants of $10,000 and above. Eligible nonprofit organizations must operate within Northwest Arkansas or be affiliates/chapters of larger organizations that operate within the region.
- Legal Department Strategic Partners Sponsors Program: Awards grants at varying levels. Eligible organizations must operate or be affiliates/chapters of larger organizations that operate at a national/regional/state level. Programming must focus on diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
- S Manufacturing Innovation Fund: Awards grants of $100,000 or more for award periods of at least one year and up to three years. Eligible applicants include 501 (c) (3) organizations and public universities with a focus on textile manufacturing activities that are instrumentalities of a state government.