The WalMart Foundation focuses on the betterment of the lives of individuals living in Walmart communities. Founded by Wal-Mart (An American Company which is the largest retailer in the world); this foundation aims at giving access to a better life, one community at a time.
The Walmart Foundation Motto
The Walmart Foundation’s main mission is to generate such opportunities online at http://www.walmartfoundation.org/ that would change the lives of people. Their focus is to create a positive impact on the communities they serve. Whether it’s the grants that they provide to the numerous organizations that share their mission or through the inspirational volunteer efforts of the Walmart associates they are passionate about helping people live better.
In 2014, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave $1.4 billion in cash and in-kind contributions around the world. Global in-kind donations accounted for $1 billion, while $309 million was given in cash globally.
The Walmart Foundation meets the needs of the unprivileged via their three main areas:
- Opportunity: This area deals with help to create economic opportunity for individuals and nurturing economic growth.
- Sustainability: This area deals with improving the sustainability of global supply chains in food, clothing and general commodities.
- Community: This is strengthening the unity between local communities and inspiring associates to give back.
Why Chose The Walmart Foundation?
The Walmart Foundation is unique from the other organizations because it is working for the benefit of people in different sectors e.g. education, workforce development, health and the environment. Apart from this the foundation offers various programs which have different requirements and goals but they all work under the motive of the Walmart Foundation. The programs are as follows:
- Associate Scholarships: The Walmart Foundation offers scholarship programs that benefit qualified Walmart associates and their high school senior dependents. While these scholarships are not available to the public, the Walmart Foundation also provides opportunities for aspiring students by supporting organizations such as the American Indian college fund, Hispanic Scholarship fund and others.
- Volunteer work: If you are willing to help others and achieve happiness from giving, be a volunteer of Walmart Foundation. By working with other local organizations you can clearly demonstrate that taking care of the local community is your top priority and your action will definitely make a positive impact. As an associate you can apply for a Volunteerism Always Pays (VAP) grant on behalf of their volunteer hours at eligible organizations. Once associates as individuals or as a group reach a threshold of 25 hours volunteered, individuals can apply for a $250 grant and groups can apply for grants up to $5,000 to the charity, generating $14 million in “dollar-for-doer” grants.
- Apply for Grants: Whether it’s a small grant to a local school or a large grant to a hunger relief organization working across several states, The Walmart Foundation will always satisfy you at their web portal http://www.walmartfoundation.org/.
- International Giving: Walmart’s giving extends across the globe. They give back to communities in the international markets where they operate through locally managed giving programs.
- Global Women’s Economic Empowerment: In 2011, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation pledged to contribute $100 million in grants to further develop theirWomen’s Economic Empowerment Initiative. This program aims to improve the lives of women around the world by 2016.
For further information and queries you can visit their website or click the following link: http://giving.walmart.com/foundation