Founded by Robin Chase and Antje Danielson in 1999, at Cambridge, Massachusetts, Zipcar is a car-sharing company that is looking to change how the world sees and uses cars. Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. What was once just an idea, has now grown into a global car-sharing network which is providing its customers with alternative transportation making the roads a little less congested. With a Zipcar car, you can start driving for as low as $7 a month, saving hundreds of dollars over car ownership. So, sign up now at www.zipcar.com and join in the revolution.
How to Sign Up and Start Using a Zipcar Car
To start sharing a Zipcar car, follow the given steps:
- Open your browser and visit www.zipcar.com.
- Scroll down to find the “join zipcar” button which will take you to www.zipcar.com/registration/#step.
- Choose one of the three options: “Join as an individual”, “Join with an organization”, or “Join with a university”.
- If you are joining as individual, click on “Join as an individual” and select “Create a new account”.
- Then, click on “create an account”.
- On the next page, fill in your details, which include a username, your email address, and a password.
- Click “continue”.
- Next, fill in your address details and click “continue”.
- Pick a plan. You have three options:
- “occasional driving plan” which has no monthly commitment – you pay as you go. The driving rates are $9.25/hr and $89.00/day. You also pay a $25 one-time application fee and $35/year annual fee.
- “monthly driving plan” – you pay $7.00/month and the driving rates are $9.25/hr and $89.00/day. You also pay a $25 one-time application fee but not annual fee.
- “extra value” – you pay $50/month and the driving rates are $8.33/hr and $80.10/day. You also pay a $25 one-time application fee but no annual fee.
- On the next page, enter your driver’s license information and click “continue”.
- Choose a damage fee waiver and click “continue”.
- Enter your payment information and click “continue”.
- Select your Zipcar and continue to the final page where you can review all the information you provided.
- If all the information is correct, you can confirm your account and start using the Zipcar service.
To use a Zipcar car, you must be 21 years or above, have a valid driver’s license and accept Zipcar’s terms and conditions. You can also apply with a Zipcar affiliated college or university if you are 18-20 years of age.